United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYPER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
I went with the 1980x720 Aftermarket Android unit. So much more options than just CarPlay/Android Auto. You can even customize the Home Screen layout on the Android side.

All OEM functions work fine.

I had the MMI Prime and got tired of only those functions. This is pretty much a phablet in your car.
Can you give a link to your exact unit?
Also did you fit it yourself? Was it PITA?
What extra options do you get?
What happens to the original iDrive interface?
I put gases mine from 4x4shop.ca

Pretty much anything you can do on your phone or laptop, you can do it on here (i.e., web browsers, HBO Max, Amazon & Video, You Tube, and more.. etc). I got mine with the HDMI add on for sending video to anything via HDMI and also the TV Tuner option, so you can watch Digital TV (TV Tuner is an additional small box that you must connect to your fuse box under the glove box, fairly simple process). These options are great for the front passenger and for rest stops 🤷🏽*♂️

I have Rear Entertainment and right now I'm trying to figure out how to blast video to it. They also sell monitors for your headrest if you do not have Rear Entertainment for your vehicle.

This screen gives your HU an Android add on. So you have your OEM BMW side, and you have your Android side. Same as the MMI Prime, but I believe it's way better. And for the price the sell that MMI box, this is a way better option. Even the screen looks nice (if you get the 720 screen) because it's all black so no silver trim on it.

Also, works with your factory NAV signal so no need to tun a stupid GPS Puck, just but they're GPS Splitter cable so your OEM and Android get the same GPS signal.

Link…

https://4x4shop.ca/product/2014-2016...lacement-10-25″-screen-android-gps-wifi-bt-a2dp-usb-multimedia-original-nbt-system/
Appreciate 0