View Single Post
      05-26-2016, 12:34 AM   #118
athanyel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive45e

I have a few rather specific questions for any 40e owners with the shift paddles (M Sport trim in the US, unsure about other areas):

What happens when the shift paddles are used while under electric power? Does the ICE start or do you stay under electric power? If you're in max eDrive, are the paddles ignored, is the eDrive mode changed or do you start shifting manually under electric power?

The manual says that electric driving and auto start stop are "deactivated" when the transmission's sport program is engaged (move the drive selector to the left). In an X5 without the shift paddles, the sport program must be engaged prior to manually shifting. With the shift paddles, it states that you temporarily enter manual mode and then exit manual mode after a period of normal driving. Does the manual mode from the shift paddles imply that the sport program is loaded as well?

For anyone curious WHY I'm asking this weird/niche question:
When I had my extended test drive, I had a weird moment where I was driving rather leisurely then slammed on the gas to get away a reckless driver. The vehicle took a second to recognize the need to start the ICE and then get the vehicle moving. I am curious if I could have tapped the shift paddles and woken up the ICE faster.

Last edited by athanyel; 05-26-2016 at 12:43 AM..
Appreciate 0