View Single Post
      04-06-2016, 06:55 AM   #10
evandro13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus300 View Post
DWS and the newer DWS 06 are very very notorious for poor quality and being out of round from factory. I would do a HUNTER road force balancing at BMW dealer or good quality independent european dealership to make sure each rim/tire combo is below 10 lbs of road force before dynamically balancing the wheels. Anything greater than 10 lbs will be noticed as a vibration no matter how well dynamically balanced the wheel and tire are. You can look up hunter road force machine in google and see tons of feedback on why people are using these now over the standard old school balancing machines. You need to do this for low profile wheels. I never will ever mount and balance any of my new tires onto rims without road force balancing because even Michelins with tight tolerance can have a tire with 12-15 lbs road force and I would return it to tirerack and get another one below 10 lbs or I will have my mechanic try to match mount the high spot of the tire onto the low spot of the rim to make the assembly perfectly round and below 10lbs of road force so i goes down the road smoothly even when its dynamically balance with those balancing weights
thank so much for the input i had it done at the dealership thinking they would know best. but perhaps thats not the case? although i am a lil confused about the specifics of road force balancing i will look up a video to see, thanks again!
Appreciate 0