View Single Post
      04-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #12
rexus300
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandro13 View Post
thank so much for the input i had it done at the dealership thinking they would know best. but perhaps thats not the case? although i am a lil confused about the specifics of road force balancing i will look up a video to see, thanks again!
No problem! Check out this video:

http://www.motorweek.org/features/go...orce_balancing

In my experience BMW dealers have different mechanics and I always request the senior one that is most experienced at using the hunter road force machine and I request them to measure the runout and make sure each assembly is below 10 lbs and print out the results and give them to me. If suppose a tire cannot be matched to the rim I will request a replacement one from Michelin, Continental or Bridgestone. They all allow uniformity warranty request up to 1 year or the first 2/32inch tread depth wear which is good. Continentals tends to get plus 20 lbs road force in my experience with the DWS but their other line up tires such as the pro contacts have low road force numbers.

Be firm and direct with your BMW service guys because sometimes they oh no its fine to have plus 15 road force and you wont feel it but heck many people are sensitive and want smooth riding luxury cars and not some rough riding BMW etc and its not the characteristics of these cars. My 2015 BMW X5d with Michelin Premier LTX tires 255/50R19 all got less than 10 lbs road force and that car with the dynamic dampers and air suspension ride so glass smooth that its smoother then our Ml350 on airmatic.
Appreciate 0