View Single Post
      06-29-2015, 10:56 PM   #53
Bo2Shelby
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Execuhitch installation

Really appreciate this post. I purchased a 2015 X5d earlier this year (just turned 7K miles) My first BMW. After some research I settled on purchasing the Execuhitch/Invisihitch in order to tow my utility trailer and boat. After reading this post and going through the directions provided I decided to do the install along with my father. We both figured it would be a fun project to do together.

Everything went fairly well (had a little challenge initially trying to carefully pull the body pieces off but you get a feel for it after popping the first few tabs out, also had one of the locking tabs on the wire connection that gets disconnected before pulling the facia fully off break off when I squeezed it. The connection did fully snap in place when I reconnected it) and the final result looks great. One side note here. I have the cheaper black matte trim above the wheels and as a bumper in the back. My only regret is not getting the matching space gray color for these trim pieces. I'm thinking the quality of the material is also likely a lot better. I 'm really enjoy the car.

I haven't done the coding yet or plugged my trailer into the electrical connection but I am getting an error for the park assist. It no longer automatically detects the need to activate in tight parking situations. Both the surround and rear view camera can still be activated manually. Any thoughts about what the issue may be? Thanks!
Appreciate 0