View Single Post
      04-24-2017, 02:33 AM   #8
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

The X5 is my wife’s and the family one weekends, so I get to drive it weekends only! The car feel surprisingly light, considering the battery and extra engine on top of the petrol one, takes off are simply fast. We live in the country so A and B roads plus town roads, on A and B roads I do notice some of the size and weight of the car but I believe this is down to own experience, my weekly drives is a mix of my F10 520d with the performance pack and a 911, so the x5 will always come across as the least sporty, but never the less was surprised how responsive with the electric engine taking care of the turbo lags, I do enjoy take off at traffic light, the biggest plus is how light the car feels with 3 kids in the back.
On the consumption I have to come back to you, my wife journey to work is 7 miles hence why the 40e was an option she end up doing most of her commute on electric, but expect the figures to be less than the advertised.
One big negative about the 40e is the boots space, I recommend you check this properly if space is one of the reason you going for the x5, the limited height makes it feels smaller than our old X3 traded in, note how you also loose the option for 3rd row seats with the e40.
With the M sport trim, the car looks spot on, with the 40d kidney grill in my opinion better one specially if going for a darker colour we settled for the Carbon black.

Worth checking the tread for the 40e in this forum for folks who drive the car every day - http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1102491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
MM - What's the driving experience though? And, what's your real world average MPG? I get 34 mpg but I do a real mix of motorways and country roads.

My dealer is quoting a delivery of 18 weeks
Appreciate 0