View Single Post
      02-02-2022, 06:29 AM   #4
Johnkwick
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
That's what I have now, it works but its not ideal, its bulky and you need to power the converter and also your phone (well you dont need to power the phone but I would want to since its streaming).

The Direct HDMI will have better resolution and I dont have to charge it. Ideal would be if I could get carplay to carry onto the back screens.
That's why I use Streaming Stick to stream anything, it's just one time setup, the power from the Stick is enough to power the converter. Route the HDMI power cable neatly and hide everything under the front passenger seat.

To answer your original question, I think yes it's possible to upgrade RSE to EVO RSE (I googled F10 RSE upgrade to EVO and someone did that). Streaming from front to rear using MMI Carplay/Android Auto which has screen mirroring capabilities? I don't think it's possible because the MMI will send the signal only to front display.

Other than that, a lot of streaming applications block the mirroring capability, so it will show you a black screen on your car screen. Plugging your phone into HDMI is a bit different from mirroring though and that's why you still see the video on the screen (think like plugging a projector into your phone).

I could think these 3 options for you:
- Upgrade your iDrive and RSE to EVO
- Upgrade your RSE to Android RSE
- Stick with current option and buy a Firestick/Chromecast/anything you like

Last edited by Johnkwick; 02-02-2022 at 06:36 AM..
Appreciate 0