View Single Post
      12-30-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

DIY - X5 Badge/Emblem Swap

Here is my step by step pictures of swapping out the OEM chrome emblem to gloss black emblem I got from iND. iND uses OEM emblems and paints it to your liking.

Factory emblem...

Items used: 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol, Microfiber cloth, automotive exterior tape or painters tape, dental floss or thin fishing line. Optional: hair drier to help remove the adhesives easier.

Mark the location of the factory emblem by creating a frame around it with painters tape.

Work the emblem with the dental floss in a sawing motion slowly.. you will more than likely break a few strings but keep working it and have patience.

If your car is fairly new, the adhesives should come off easily... I just used my fingers and rubbed the adhesives and peeled them off. I used a little of the rubbing alcohol to help with the removal.

After completely removing the adhesives, I used the rubbing alcohol to wipe the area down clean which helps with the bonding of the new badges.

The X!

All you do now is just line up the emblem from the left and right side of the frame and press firmly.

Last edited by Kzang; 07-10-2016 at 07:32 AM..
Appreciate 13