04-26-2021, 07:02 AM   #176
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJB View Post
Necropost...got my Dinan system on the way and I also ordered the exhaust valve controller (key fob activation).

Can't wait to get it on. I want the car a bit louder but to remain tame/civilized when need be for work.

Sounds like this Dinan setup was a good choice.

Other question - would one still see a solid increase in sound and performance doing a Dinan CAI and exhaust only setup? I don't want to Dinantronics tune the car at this point...

Thanks.
Performance increase in terms of raw power would be minimal for both items without tuning to take full advantage of them (CAI specifically). For all intents and purposes both would essentially be an aesthetic / sound modification.

An axleback exhaust in general offers little additional power. Where it does is typically at the very top end of the power band. However, that handful of HP on a car that is already 500+HP means you would never notice the minor difference. The intake has a bit more performance benefit by way of improved throttle response and efficiency but like the exhaust you would be hard pressed to tell a true power difference.
Appreciate 0