United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
This is just a rumor.
No, this is not a rumor, like I have written before, confirmed by bmw sales office. It is available from production 8/9-2014. I just couldnt wait anymore,. I have been speaking directly with bmw about a possible retrofit, but nothing known yet.
I know many people and this hasn't been confirmed yet. The X6 demo order guide was just released and makes no mention of it at all even though it's using the same technology as the F15.

I attempted the retrofit. It's not currently possible. If a second generation cluster comes out it will likely work but right now they're not designed to talk to the BDC ECU. The F15/F16 are the only vehicles currently using this. The X4 might but likely will share the same electronics platform as the F25 LCI since it's just a mid cycle facelift.

Even if it did I would probably stick with the current version. The LCD cluster is lacking a lot of functionality we currently have in the HUD, etc.