Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
I know many people and this hasn't been confirmed yet. The X6 demo order guide was just released and makes no mention of it at all even though it's using the same technology as the F15.

I attempted the retrofit. It's not currently possible. If a second generation cluster comes out it will likely work but right now they're not designed to talk to the BDC ECU. The F15/F16 are the only vehicles currently using this. The X4 might but likely will share the same electronics platform as the F25 LCI since it's just a mid cycle facelift.

Even if it did I would probably stick with the current version. The LCD cluster is lacking a lot of functionality we currently have in the HUD, etc.
I looked at the same thing on the X6, but it might also be SE on X6.

My info came directly from bmw sales office of a Nordic country, wont be more specific, and I was given the option to wait and lose money or stick with my order. As I have been waiting sice 12/2013, I couldnt wait 5 months more...

I dont understand why are you fighting me on this without any facts...
The same thing happened when I said the tire pressure monitors will be SE from 4/2014 and I got many answers that that is not possible even when my own car was on hold due to this. This forum is for sharing. I shared my info, you dont need to believe it.

And yes, I know many people too.
I'm not fighting you. If I shared my sources, people would lose their jobs. I'm simply saying that my sources, several of whom are product portfolio managers, have not indicated this as an option - yet. It's being investigated but no decision has been made for the US or any market.

When the order guide is released we will know for certain. Until that point it's rumor - not fact.

Your BMW sales person could tell you that the car can fly to make a sale. As is frequently proven here, the sales teams are often ill-informed.

It makes sense that they offer it. And they probably will. I know I've seen one prototype with it. But I've seen many others with the normal extended panel.

Until it shows up as an option code I'm not counting on it. BMW has always made last minute changes for whatever reason, like losing traffic jam assistant in the US or the LCD cluster on the US F10 LCI.