View Single Post
      01-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #5717
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqt5013 View Post
Very easy to apply. Just make sure it's applied on a cool surface and in a well ventilated area. I usually apply 2 coats for more durability. You have to wait about 1-2 hours for first coat to dry before applying the 2nd coat.

I don't try to deliberately remove it, as I typically apply it once a year (Always around winter time to help with the salting, snow, etc.) I know it says one application can last two years, but as a daily driver and with the 4 season changes, IMO it barely lasts a year for me. I use the rejuvenation spray bottle they have around the summer time to help but sometimes I find myself re-applying anyway in summer since I might do another full compound+polish detail. This removes the CQuartz so a reapplication is needed.
Thanks! That's good information. In the past, these coatings were always advertised as only being able to be applied by professionals. But it seems that it's actually easy enough for regular Joes to use them as well. I was actually looking at NANOLEX SISHIELD CERAMIC COATING.
Appreciate 0