Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_x35d
Thank you Blackhawks

looked at the links and F15 is not listed. stage 1: looking for tweets for front doors only. has anyone upgraded those yet?
They will fit although the F15 may not be listed.

I replaced my mid and tweeter with Focal 100KRS. It was a very budget friendly way of upgrading the crap HK speakers that come with the vehicle. I'm going in phases and replacing the amp and ultimately moving the said speakers to the rear doors and having a custom door panel fabricated to house a 6.5" driver.

However, if you're on a tight budget, but still want a better sound, I hear a night and day difference (without replacing the amp) between the stock front door speakers and the Focals, which are literally about 7 times the weight.

If budget is not much of a concern, you can check out Stunnaz setup... It's fantastic and similar to what I'm currently piecing together.

Let me know if you have any questions... The place I bought the speakers from are an authorized Focal retailer and always have the best price hands down. They have a website, but it's always best to call and speak with them. I can give you the contact info to the guy I've been working with for years... He'll take about 25% off the online price.
Appreciate 0