Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8 View Post
I was saying the same thing about leasing it and not caring whether its a 2015 or a 2016, but the more I think about it the more it bothers me that in November I will be picking up a 2015 model, it will be a year old in just over a month of having it. Also, the 36 month term gives a ridiculously high payment here in Canada, so I went with a 48 month term and that freaks me out even more. Starting to think this X5 isn't for me...

I also don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing theres something going on and no one can explain what it is or why it is happening.

I think BMW will have to step up and offer some crazy incentives in order to get people to order 2015 models in the last quarter of 2015.
That was exactly my thinking for not wanting the 2015. As soon I receive it, it is an old model (it even intensifies as we are owning it and not leasing).
My wife was saying something logical today which basically closed the deal for me on diesel. She said no matter what's happening (whether shortage, diesel under test, aftermath of VW,...) whatever it is, the fact is that right now diesel is under microscope and under a lot of scrutiny. even if diesel starts production next week, she doesn't want it for now...90% of cars are gasoline and we can be part of that...given that we own the car, this conversation is a bit foggy, even if it Is because of shortages...whatever happens with diesel talks, we would be pulled under with it.
Whenever the dust settles we will evaluate our options on the next vehicle.
The only thing I regret right now is not having 40e in Canada yet. Dealer says it only starts as of next year. Otherwise that would have been my first choice now.
Oh well, I'm waiting for the X7 anyways.

Last edited by Shaw; 10-26-2015 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0