View Single Post
      08-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #6
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

It's possible, but you will need to replace seat covers as tablets mount into seat framework through rear covers. Complete rear plastic seat covers needs to be replaced and to be honest I have no idea where to order them.

Also, tablets are next to useless. For all of us who are accustomed to normal android or ipads or windows tablets, who can easily swipe with finger, touch to choose, double click etc. None of this will work on BMW rear entertainment system. Tablets are just duds that you can't even control - there are no buttons on tablet except on/off. You need to control it with remote that is prehistoric and even when you jump through all this hoops - then you will discover how unflexible system is: file formats it can read, view or play all have limitations, poor controls etc. Input/outputs are limited too. You can't just connect your iPhone to it and start screen mirroring or watch youtube on it. Nope. There are tons of limitations and you can only do so much and you need to have either USB or DVD to watch something from. This is all pain man. You can't just go browse internet and choose a cartoon for kids or movie.
If anything I want to remove it and just install a 10 inch ipads or android tablets that can do everything imaginable and that you can take home with you, that have touch option etc.

Unfortunately if I remove my BMW tablets - I'll be left with cut hole in my seat rear cover - so I abandoned that idea.

Last edited by DuSh; 08-13-2018 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 3
Russmov1328.00
artem123249.50
P111572.00