United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietangobravo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
About to hit 40k miles on my F15 35i and no change yet. I am still on the original brakes.

Dealer said last month during a visit for steering column change that I still have several thousand miles of life left in the brakes (I asked for a special check up on brakes).

My wear sensors did act up 4-5 months ago and told me I needed new brakes (in another 3k miles) sooner but once they readjusted and/or reset the sensors, everything came back to normal. I have drove 6k miles since- no issues.
Thanks for the reply.

I´m guessing you mean the brake pads and not the discs then.

Just came back from the dealer where we lifted the car and had another look. Turns out the wear is harder on the inside part of the disc than the visible outside on most new cars so even though the discs looked alright from the outside they were pretty badly worn on the inside. Ended up putting on new discs and pads front and new pads on the back. Bye bye $2200... Nasty money considering I´m selling it.

Technician said it is not unusual to have to replace as early as 50k km.
You?re correct, I was referring to the brake pads. Sorry I didn?t make that clear.

That?s an awful lot of money to spend on a car you?re about to sell. Did you consider some cheaper but just as good aftermarket options for pads and rotors?
Appreciate 0