View Single Post
      02-11-2018, 06:32 AM   #29
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
So if i get performance brakes package OEM I can purchase X5M drilled rotors separately and they are a perfect fit front and back? Are the drilled ones same dimesions like the performance ones? Thanks
Yes, same dimension and they will fit like a glove. One small note: there is a hole in the rotor for a small retaining screw that usually holds rotors to the hub (while mounting), so rear drilled F85 rotors have that hole at a different place, so you won't be able to retain them with that small screw during installation (or you can just drill a hole for that if you must have it). Which is no big deal, as rotors are held by lug bolts/nuts anyway. So it's mostly a convenience feature. And after calipers are installed - during next tire change rotors won't come off as calipers and pads will hold them in place anyway too. Not sure if I explained it properly or confused you

P.S. Also it turns out there are alternative F85 rotors we can use: EBC company makes GD series black zinc coated slotted and dimpled rotors - same exactly dimensions as oem F85 only a bit cheaper:

drilled and slotted
GD1813 Front
GD1814 Rear

or just slotted (not drilled)
USR1813 front
USR1814 rear

Last edited by DuSh; 02-11-2018 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 1
1230vani657.00