View Single Post
      09-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #1133
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quick photos and early thoughts on my F15 X5 3.5d

I thought I'd post a few photos of the X5 and provide some early thoughts on the vehicle. My previous car was an E92 M3, and while it was a blast to drive, it was time to get something with more room and practicality.

Quick thoughts after the extensive drive of two miles home from the dealer:
  • The LED headlights are much brighter than I expected. In thinking about it, I'm not sure why the auto high-beam feature is there. If you take a look at how these work, they compensate the LED field for oncoming traffic and/or traffic ahead of you so that those drivers are not blinded. Maybe I'm missing something tho.
  • The engine is not the stereotypical diesel engine you're used to hearing in trucks. It is almost as quiet as the gasoline engine and lacks the diesel engine sound as best I can discern.
  • There is a TON of torque in this drivetrain. For those with a diesel on order, you won't be disappointed.
  • This is a very quiet vehicle. Unlike my previous vehicle, which was an E92 M3.
  • The interior LED accent lighting is a very nice feature, and allows you to customize your vehicle as you want it.
  • The interior lighting appears to be all-LED - at least the lighting I've checked so far.
  • The sunroof is HUGE. I'm looking forward to enjoying it during the early morning autumn drives in to the office.

I tried to get some photos in of the interior and also of the metallic paint - hope they come through well enough.

Again, these are just quick thoughts and I'm sure I've missed some things. But the early opinion of this vehicle is VERY positive.
Attached Images

Last edited by gpitts; 09-22-2014 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0