09-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #455
sk0525
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn View Post
The problem is they bundled a lot of stuff and they are all packaged differently so you end up getting more stuff on top of already higher residual.

I looked at 6 series a while back, but I can't really compare X5 to 6-Series, especially the room in the back. Is 6 series still strictly 4 passenger? I guess with exception of Gran Coupe? If I was going with Sedan I would definitely go with 5 or 7 series, they also have great return on value and low residual compared to F15.
I know the packages are different but I spec'd an F15 out almost 95% similar to the E70 I had.

The Gran Coupe is a 5 seater on paper but the lucky middle occupant will regret sitting there.

I completely agree that they're two different markets. In my situation, I think I had more than 3 people in the X5 only on a handful of occasions so I'm not too concerned about the space. I never used the trunk space on the X5.

We already have a 535d and the 7 seemed too plain for me. I was intrigued by the 740d Li xDrive but I'll wait for them to sit on the lot and for dealers looking to move them.