06-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #5
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

Leasing
Pros:
Like Kzang said, you should lease a car if you want a new car every 3 years. If you buy and trade in 3 years, it's a headache to get a decent price for your trade in. I know. I had to shop around to get an acceptable price on my recently traded-in 5 Series.

Artdnj is spot on in his statement. If something happens to your car, its not your car. It hurts much less. I got rear ended at a stop sign about 5 years ago. My car was leased. I was mad but in the end, the car was given back.

Cons:
Sometimes you want to switch cars before 3 years go by. I only had my car for 2 years and 5 months. I would not of been able to pull my lease forward this early if I had leased.

Cars lose most of their values within the first 3 years. If you plan on keeping the car for longer, you'll get more value for your money. This is why I decided to purchase a X5, I plan on keeping it for 4 to 5 years. New cars are nice but I think I can love this X5 for a while......I said that about my past 3 cars so maybe this time will be different!
Appreciate 0