View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Matt - I hope so! Believe it would so drive down there to pick it up if i could. Opted not to do the Performance center delivery since my wife wouldn't enjoy the long drive being nearly 7 months pregnant.

Taran - Believe me i debated this back and forth so many times. I went to my dealership with two builds in mind and one of the them was the V8. At the end i decided to do the right thing and went with the 3.5 instead. The power in my 550 is brutal and there is just so much of it all the time but honestly looking at my own driving habits with my kids/wife in the car I rarely get to enjoy all that power. I get to punch it once or twice a weekend and that's about it. Realistically the 3.5 will be enough for the type of driving my area allows. Plus I just don't believe the BMW V8's are meant to be trouble free like their inline six's are. On the F10 boards theres a good amount of people with 550 engine problems and my buddy at the dealership is a tech confirms the same thing. I may decide to keep this F15 long term and if that was the case the 3.5 is the motor I would rather own.