dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTookies View Post
Thank you so much for this!
Alright here we go... after looking at the PDF and determining that my 2015 X5 35d (11/15 built) has the new ECU's, I coded it with Option #2. Taking it for a couple of test-drives I am very please to say that the function itself seems to be working even with the tunnel; The regular high-beam is so much brighter then the stock. The only thing I am not happy with yet is that; when the headlights go into split mode they seem to point up more and dim down the brightness, that I sometimes get this feeling "its on low beam" rather then high-beam. dmnc02 and I had talked about it a little bit and I told him I was going to take some clips tonight...I hope you can see what I am talking about. Apologies for the "amateur" video, only had a iPhone camera handy and filmed one handed while driving . There are 4 Clips # 1-4 at the beginning of the title.

JUST FYI if you open it in Youtube set the resolution to the highest.

The videos are still uploading and Im not going to wait 4hrs - all night, they will post automatic when they are uploaded, in the background. Ill give you all the individiual links in the morning, sorry did not think my internet was that slow tonight.
PlayTookies, thank you for the feedback and videos. I have only watched the first one as the other ones are still uploading, but it is of very good quality and it clearly supports what you are saying. The tunnel on your car does look different from that on delviacv2's shown in the second video in post #64.

The thing to keep in mind here is that the PDF in post #64 contains two completely different codings, one for F15s built up to June 30, 2015 and one for F15s built starting July 1, 2015, as the headlights and ECUs that control them switched as of that date. Unfortunately, there aren't too many F15's with the new ECUs around yet and so the second coding was only tested by one forum member and he felt it was working as it should, but your video shows otherwise.

I know that all the steps in Appendix 2 are correct, in that they mimic the way the car would have been coded at the factory if sold on the European market, but there appears to be an additional step still missing.

Hopefully, we will be able to get this sorted out quickly.