04-26-2016, 07:15 PM   #12
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiamX5 View Post
Question regarding your 2015 order: I'm assuming you left a deposit with the dealership to order the car- Did you receive a refund when you didn't accept delivery? My car is scheduled to arrive next week but I wonder if I don't accept it, would the dealership refund my deposit?
At first, they didn't want to refund it. They told me they would hold on to it and apply it to any other BMW in the future.

I made a big fuss about it, and basically told them that out of principal I would walk away from the $1000 deposit and not give them another order vs letting them hold me hostage like that. Basically, my outlook was..you can keep my $1000 but I won't give you another $80k and allow you to sell me a vehicle and also mentioned that I would make sure no one in our family (we currently have 2 BMWs in the immediate family) would be buying another car from them.

Needless to say, they refunded me. However, I didn't end up going back because one of my best friends started working at a different BMW dealership, so I obviously bought from him.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0