View Single Post
      01-22-2015, 12:50 PM   #8
NVRfollo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiku View Post
I have used meguiar products in the past, including wax, Polish, quick detailed etc. I still have 2 grit guard for 2 bucket cleaning method.

Any recommendations or the list of products you are using for your X5- so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel
Since it is my wife's ride, I went the lazy man's route for car care. I had a professional do: a 1 step paint correction; wrap the full hood, front, fenders, rocker panels, and rear bumper; then finish off everything with Opti-Coat. This should reduce my yearly car care down to car washes and some sealant twice a a year.

Most quick detailers will do the job for removing the occasional bird crap and what not. I make my own quick detailer with ONR, water, and a spray bottle. I also use this mix, with a little more ONR, as lubricant for claybarring the car.
For glass, I like the Sonax glass cleaner or Stoners
For shampoo, I like something with a lot of suds since I have a foam gun for presoaks.
For wheels, I use Sonax.
For sealant, I like Blackfire Wet Diamond
For leather, I use Leatherique cleaner and conditioner twice a year.
For interior surfaces, I use 303 Aerospace, cleans and protects without the gloss
For winter months, I do 2 bucket wash with ONR in the garage.
For warmer weather, I like to wet the car, then use foam gun to loosen up some to the dirt, then use pressure washer, then do the 2 bucket wash. Dry with waffle weave microfiber towels. I use my air compressor to get water out of the nooks and crannies.
Appreciate 0