06-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #111
theEZV
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i; Looking for F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by E9TOU View Post
I haven't been keeping up with CTR news lately, but I thought I read somewhere that these cars are going to be limited due to production constraints?

I wonder how hard it would be to put a deposit down and actually get a car at this point? I've been thinking about getting a CTR lately.
They are not limited, Honda has never said that. Of course all the dealers are saying that to rile people up. The first run of 6000 by the Spring is confirmed, and Honda has said tehy plan to sell a lot of these.

I've been following on the CivicX forum, and right now it's very tough to get one, especially at MSPR. Most dealers are only getting 1 or 2, and many are adding $5-10k mark up, and many cars are already spoken for. Your best bet is to wait until next Spring, unless you want to pay the mark up of course.

Same thing happened with the Focus RS - it was crazy for the first 6 months/year because there was limited allocation. Now there are literally 1500+ of them sitting on dealer lots throughout the country. You can easily get one for well below MSRP now.
Appreciate 0