View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #4
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

I have to say I agree with both of you.

I feel as if adding 10k to the 500e (currently @ 40k miles) will make much less of a difference in value then 10k miles put on the M3 (currently @12k).

The M3, given its relative availability, must be kept at extremely low mileage to retain its utmost value, where a 500e nowadays is considered extremely low @50k miles anyway.

I should also note that I'm banking on the investment with the M3 because of the fact it's the last model year, low mileage, a competition package car, a true manual, and the last of a 30 year line of normally aspirated 6 cylinder BMW performance cars...

Where on the flip side, the 500e (e500) W124 was its own unique, individual model...not a package or a trim level....I feel that this makes it far more valuable.

My only hesitation is this: I would have thought by now that 500e's would have already appreciated much more than they have (are they on the cusp now?)

And secondly, everyone is talking about the e46 M3 being a future classic for all of the obvious reasons, and owning the last and the best (in mint condition with low mileage) would be a great car to stick in a garage for twenty years...hmmmm...
Appreciate 0