Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
When I took mine a few years ago there was a lady that literally took 25min to learn how to lock the slide back manually
This isn't that uncommon.... I worked in a gun store for all of last year and we got to the point of just telling beginners to go get lessons because it took too long to explain everything to them. I'd still do a quick run through of stuff if we were slow, but we were in the business of selling guns, not teaching for free. We had print outs of all the local training places and ranges to give people. Shitty thing is almost all the ranges are rival gun stores, but it helps the community overall to reinforce safety and get people into classrooms before the range.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain the simple aspects of how a handgun functions. Then there are the women who have it locked in their mind they have to have a revolver because someone told them something about them never jamming..... Men were usually more open to advice, but women tend to be more stubborn when it comes to their first gun. Same with trying to explain that a .40 is going to be too much for them and to get a 9mm, but someone got it in their heads that 9mm might as well be shooting marshmellows at someone.

Last edited by Nate4641; 04-02-2017 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00