04-02-2019, 02:26 PM   #68
jmeyer15navy
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwMthusiast View Post
Just replaced mine (60k miles) with the arnott's and was very easy. I was too many steps away from getting and using ISTA confidently (macbook, no experience, etc) so I just disconnected the battery and punctured the bags to deflate.

As for intermittent issues: Mr. 47's pic shows the dry rot right where the bag rolls onto the lower mount. After inspecting the bags I decided not to do it bc they looked way better than his pic. I moved on to working on my exhaust and a few hours later, heard a hissing and confirmed with soapy water they were leaking.

Seems like the car has to adjust to the right height to position that dry rot right on the roll. So depending on what angle the car is parked/snow under one wheel; it could change the outcome.

Just replace them with Arnott and be done. Easy to do and trying to save $100 on an $80k car with ebay parts isn't worth it
So, disconnect battery, puncture to deflate, reinstall new Arnott ones with dust cover per 1st post, reconnect battery and allow them to inflate fully, lower down after fully inflated and drop jack to let it settle, then done??
Appreciate 0