shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurMorgan View Post
Can someone help me make sense out of "automatic" map updates that are provided via the Connected Services? One of the benefits listed for this otherwise seemingly pointless paid service is Automatic Map Update, which says "With Navigation Map Updates, your BMW's Navigation System will get the latest maps updated automatically over-the-air. Available subscription periods my vary by model."

I've had this subscription for 3 months now, so I would imagine it would have updated by now if it was going to do it, but nothing. Still seeing Road Map NORTH AMERICA EVO 2017-1 and under "Automatic Map Update" I see CA, HI, NV 2020-2. I assume that was some update the prior owner got since the car spent it's life in California before I bought it.

Since there's technically a map update subscription, would I still need an FSC in order to update the maps via USB?
Car has Full Base Map 2017-1, and Region 1 (California, Hawaii, Nevada) Patch for 2020-2. Full map update to latest 2022-2 via USB would require an FSC Code.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1