View Single Post
      06-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #17
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC F15 View Post
Towards the end of my lease on the 335 i was considering two vehicles 440 Grand Coupe or a MB c43 AMG sedan. (wound up in an x5... go figure)

I had gone to a local MB dealership to test drive a C43 and while i was waiting for them to bring the car out, the saleman that I was working with told me they got one right outside (ordered for another customer) but said i could go look at it.

So we went outside and he told me it was unlocked and that i could sit in it. I figured no big deal, he even told me to start it to hear the engine. I obliged, and the minute the engine kicked in another salesman came running over demanding that i get out of the vehicle stating it wasn't my car. I was with my wife and two young children. My salesguy was like "hey.. he's interested in buying one so i wanted to show him one, not a huge deal... hes not driving it anywhere" salesman B says "he has no business being in this car, its sold, if you wanted to show him one, then pull one from inventory and show him that one, he should not be in this one"

so i was like "okay cool..i get it... relax...i didnt know" and he was like "if you saw someone sitting in the car you ordered you wouldn't be happy would you?"
so i was like "okay.. um...bye?"
my salesman than proceeded to jaw at him about relaxing a bit.. its no big deal... back and forth they go.. at which point me and my family said "thanks.. no thanks.. we are leaving..."

needless to say....even if i did wind up getting the car.. it wouldn't be thru them. I got a call literally 5 minutes after we left trying to get me to come back. called me a few times over the course of the following week. Followed by emails, but i wasn't interested. I can't do business with a place that can conduct themselves in that manner in front of potential customers
wow, just wow.

Not on front of the customers.....