View Single Post
      09-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #29
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuKEnFoLdMX View Post
woow great BRAVO.... opasha, now i feel more confident if i buy this upgrade.

some questions.

1.- after you fix the services problem, you got the original times you have before you put the new 6wb?

2.- what about taking your car to the dealer for service or something if the look the new cluester they will freak out and then wooww. what about warranty problems, if they update something do you loose the coding? anf have to code again everything?

3.- i gues it can put the lenguage in spanish and km instead of mph right?

4.- thank again and tell us if you have another issue or something and the fix of course .

god job men.
Thanks, buddy.

1) Yeah, all issues were cleared. The Date/Time gets erased when you VO Code Dekombi. You also get the random chassis error, but this is all easily cleared in the beginning (settings for Date and Time in iDrive) and clear all dtcs with the transmitter application. Then if you get the Brake Fluid type issues from 2001 or some farfetched previous date, you just follow what I did using the Kombi button. This gives you access to the service reset menus and you browse by tapping once and hold to select your option. When finished you just tap your Power button to turn it off and you're good to go.

2) Shawn answered this correctly below. Whenever a dealer does a full software update, you lose your FDL coding. You do not lose your VO coding. So the only thing you have to code, to the best of my knowledge, is just whatever fdl coding you lost.

3) The language setting and mph changes are in iDrive menu in settings if I remember correctly.

Last edited by opasha; 09-26-2014 at 06:28 PM..
Appreciate 0