07-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #17
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
I have a 3.0 xDrive gasoline. I opted for this, not because I didn't think power of 4.4 liter was unnecessary, but rather my priority was a balance of mpg and power, and I thought 3.0 gas engine was a good balance between power and mpgs. If the 4.4 liter can delivery better mpgs with the existing power, I would have opted for this engine.
I also have Adaptive M Suspension and DHP. I use Sport/Sport+ Mode (without increasing the engine output to preserve mpgs) on a daily basis. I can have a firmer ride on the smooth (sometimes) freeway/highway to minimize the "undulating" motions of the car during high speed when bumps are encountered. It also gives confidence in the car as body roll is dramatically minimized when turning in high speed is necessary (freeway interchange or sudden lane change to avoid something/someone). This essentially means I don't have to apply the brakes (or apply very little) and reduce speed in order to mitigate the unsteady feeling brought on by a tall vehicle such as a SUV.
I totally agree. My 35 X6 (DSP+adaptive drive) was basically equivalent to an F15 with MSport suspension and DHP. At the time I didn't want to pay the $$$ that both a 50i and adaptive drive would rack up. It took a lot of test drives, form posts, and soul searching to come to the conclusion that I would prefer the handling characteristics over raw power and I'm glad that I did it. That thing acted like it rolled on rails. To me, if an X6 didn't have adaptive drive, it was way too squishy. I drove in sport all the time.

E71 X6s came with DSP (DHP in F15 speak) by default. Before I got my E71 I owned an E70 30d with adaptive drive (DHP, and therefore DSP wasn't available on an X5 then). My X6 handled way better on curves and turns. Under/oversteer was almost non-existent. The car always went exactly where I put it at any speed, like it was an extension of myself. I miss my car...

What I mean is: DHP = yes!
Appreciate 0