View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #113
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Anyone ever hear of an order being submitted but no production order number nor 'build number' being assigned right away?

My order is supposedly in, but no production order number assigned yet. I thought the production order number was assigned right away once the order is submitted. I get that the build week isn't always assigned right away, but how can an order be submitted with no order number assigned?? How would they get back to the record in the system.....?

Am I reading this correctly that the only reason an order can be "in" but not have an order number is if my CA doesn't actually have an allocation yet? He said it would be assigned next week...

Edit: I just called BMW NA and they said it could take up to 2 weeks to get a production number assigned (still no clue if 'production number' and 'production order number' are the same thing, seem to be), but she had no idea whether that had anything to do with whether they have an allocation, just that it could take that long.

This was less stressful 15 years ago when all you had was the word of your salesman and no way to find any information on your own, just wait for the call that it's in

Last edited by chrisny; 10-24-2013 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0