10-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #114
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Anyone ever hear of an order being submitted but no production order number nor 'build number' being assigned right away?

My order is supposedly in, but no production order number assigned yet. I thought the production order number was assigned right away once the order is submitted. I get that the build week isn't always assigned right away, but how can an order be submitted with no order number assigned?? How would they get back to the record in the system.....?

Am I reading this correctly that the only reason an order can be "in" but not have an order number is if my CA doesn't actually have an allocation yet? He said it would be assigned next week...

Edit: I just called BMW NA and they said it could take up to 2 weeks to get a production number assigned (still no clue if 'production number' and 'production order number' are the same thing, seem to be), but she had no idea whether that had anything to do with whether they have an allocation, just that it could take that long.
Yes, you nailed it on the head. Same thing happened to me, being a new bmw purchaser. The dealer does not have any allocation spots to build your car. They will make you wait until their allocation comes in and they can actually put the order in. I got my order number 3-4 weeks after i actually placed the order. You will be waiting even longer for the car.
Appreciate 0