Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani
You are so right, such a nightmare to do this, like unbeliveable. One side is now done (right one from driver seat point of view). I did not dare to disconnect any pipes, or something like that. I only managed to get two locks in from the inside (far right and far left). Will do the other side tomorrow. I good friend of mine helped me, which was helpful (very).

How difficult was the other side on your diesel? If I purchase the open lower part do I need to set up the sensors for the parking?

I of course also used glue I posted, it seems really strong.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupot View Post
r33 thank you very much for this thread.

If ok with you I will add a few things from my own experience.

This is a serious serious pain if you have a diesel, as has been noted, if you have a d there is something big and immovable blocking access to the rear of the grill on one side, to fit the locking washers to the rear of the new trim.

I would class myself as reasonably handy and had no problem whipping the wheel off and removing the wheel arch liner but I would say its almost impossible to do just by removing the wheel arch liner and am curious how anyone else has managed it, so please share anyone else that has attempted this.

I managed to get one washer on from the wheel arch but couldnt reach in any further to the other three. After much fiddling I managed to disconnect the cold air feed pipe from the lower middle grill to the brakes, this let me come in from the other side and get 2 of the washers on. The third washer remains unconnected; I just couldnt see any way in without major surgery. I dont know whether the bumper would need to come off, or if the headlight could come out, or if you could remove trim to come up from below, but I am not willing to go that far as there seemed no obvious way to me, so I hope it holds with just the three!

Other side a doddle as per r33s excellent instructions.

Cheers,

Stuart.
Other side is very easy. Nothing in the way, all 4 washer things on and tight.
Other side was fairly easy, thanks!
Appreciate 0