1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33
@1230vani,
The diesel is harder on the passenger side as there is the AdBlue tank sitting behind it. I did got first hand experience when installing for one of the forum member X5 35d. He changed the grill into an open grill, so I uses the opened section to stick my finger in and push the locking ring into place.
I tried opening up the bottom cover, but it didn't help me much in securing the locking ring. One thing that I didn't give it a try and I just recently thought of it. Maybe by taking off all of the screw holding the bottom of the bumper to the chassis will allow you to push the bumper out a little bit and reach in to place the locking ring.
But, looks like your glue and 2 locking rings are holding up.
Thank you, its all locked in now. I like the result, but it was so much work that i would not do it again (e.g. If i bought another X5 in the near future). Your idea is good but who knows what is under there when u unscrew the bottom of the bumper. Thanks for your feedback, by the way this glue is ultra strong industry glue and it is best to buy two of them for both sides or glue them and stick them in at the same time because it will dry out fast. Cheers
Appreciate 0