View Single Post
      11-03-2023, 02:02 PM   #6
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfunk88 View Post
In my experience I’ve found 4 piston to generally have better modulation and release characteristics vs 6 piston. Brembo, Alcon, and Stoptech kits. And PFC 4 piston individual pad calipers are without equal in terms of feel to me.

But to each their own. And if someone prefers to spend $2400 on 4 piston vs $3500 or whatever on 6 piston I don’t have an issue with that

I have 6 piston calipers from the F85 on my F15, but because I got them for a good deal on a used set. Otherwise I would’ve bought the M Sport kit or built my own from used M Sport or E70 calipers.
You are extrapolating from the comparison between the brembo 4 pot and 6 pot and referencing other manufacturers. Hard to compare the 4 pot stoptech on my E46 M3 to the 6 pots on my F15, different vehicle, pads, and use. Lets face it, apart from Sukh on here, no one is tracking the X5 non M. My experience relates directly to towing my 6k lbs boat with two generation of X5, I towed for 10 years with the E70, and barely 1 with the F15, but the difference in brake feel with 6k lbs of boat and trailer behind you was noticeably better with the 6 pots. This might be different from track use, I don't know, never used them for that application.

Name:  IMG_0067.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  900.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2212.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  632.9 KB

I also didn't bring up cost, I said the 4 pots are outdated, they are older, heavier. You opted for used 6 pots, same as myself because they are better.