01-05-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Nice series, even without a beautiful woman in the foreground of many! I DO agree that a person in the foreground, particularly one with a nice figure, in focus or OOF, adds to the strength of many street scenes.

Have you thought about putting together a vanity book, documenting the trip? Your lady will love it and so will your friends. I use MyPublisher, but there are several viable alternatives. Do the largest book they make and use high quality papers. You'll only be getting two or three books at a time, so it's not a huge splurge.

With MP, I wait for discount offers, which are typically 40% to 60% off the list price. They make these offers between all the major holidays, when there's a lull in their production.

I started doing books several years ago and we now have quite a collection of "coffee table" books. My travel companion friends now expect a book and have all stopped carrying cameras. My adult daughters thumb through the books over and over, when they visit.

I just did a 100-pages book that I call Portals Of The World, showing windows, doors, bridges, city gates, etc. from our travels, going back to 2007. When in Rome, in 2015, I realized that I'd been taken such shots for years and I got more purposeful in that regard. I keep a copy on my credenza at work and actually sold a couple! (Given the cost to produce, it's hard to make any margin on books, so think of it as self-fulfillment).

Dave