View Single Post
      05-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric in RVA View Post
Target fixation, lack of any discernible brake application and two escape routes available....

I ride. Yes car drivers are idiots, but you have to build that defensive "Offensive Driver" mentality. And not target fixate. Straight in!!!!
I agree. The rider in my opinion is partially responsible for this. Just had a discussion about the dangers of left turning vehicles and motorcyclists with one of my riding groups. I mentioned my recent time with California Superbike School and how visual skills are worked on just as much as physical. Having been to the school for years, I am still working on something with my visual skills. The key is to develop a good wide view where you're gaining information about your surroundings from your peripheral vision.

In my opinion, that rider was just focused straight ahead and didn't see the movement of that car making multiple lane changes. While the driver of the car was clearly at fault, the rider could have done something to minimize the chances of this happening.
Appreciate 2