Yuille36
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M, M3 ZCP, MB E63 AMG

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
New Rotors and Pads for my X5M

When my F85 X5M was in the shop getting new rear bags, I noticed that my rear pads were about 25% very thin. And my front pads weren't much better at 40%. I know that I needed to change everything, as my rotors had a visible lip on them and very wavy. So today, I decided to have them changed out at Benz Elite Automotive in Fairfax, VA. I have been going to them for more that 10 years now, and they provide me with excellent service at a fair price. I had these rotor and pads sitting around, for about two years knowing that I would be needing them sooner or later. The old rear pads were very thin, and needed to be changed, and the front weren't much better. But I changed them to Carbon Ceramic pads, and now I don't have to deal with the brake dust anymore. I have had Carbon Ceramics on my E63 AMG for about two years, and dust is a thing of the past. The one thing that I realized, is that my vehicle doesn't have a electrical actuator on the rear caliper. I uses the same setup as my E63, that has brake shoes housed inside rotor hub. So we didn't need any fancy computer to release it. The only thing now, is how to reset the front and rear maintenance in the instrument cluster and MMI. We hooked up a diagnostic computer but couldn't release the service indicators for either.

If anyone has a clue, please enlighten me.
Attached Images

Last edited by Yuille36; 03-09-2021 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0