06-17-2016, 04:00 AM   #3
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappySwede View Post
How can it be too late to back off if they cant deliver what you ordered? This is like being told on the day of delivery that they were out of the black paint you ordered and you have to deal with getting a pink car instead.
The dealer was nice and pre-ordered the car for me in order to get early 2017 model production, AS was in the order and now BMW is saying it is discontinued. Already negotiated the trade-in for the current (my current F15 now feels even more awesome). It is not the dealers fault for all of this, pure BMW unexpected nonsense. Will add option comfort access instead (which I was considering anyways) and hope that BMW has something replacing, or something better than the Active Steering. If they just cancelled it because of reasons like a) not too many people ordering (which I think is not the case from what I hear) b) warranty costs if it breaks down c) assembly line, parts - whatever costs THEN I FEEL DISAPPOINTED. It is an awesome system, plus it makes driving the car awesome.
Appreciate 0