joejoejr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35i

Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by moabite View Post
Congrats. I would question a light interior long term - especially if you have kids.
Well I have not ordered the car yet. Getting close, still haggling The ivory really scares me but I love the color contrast. I have beige in my current X and it held up pretty well with minimum maintenance. I will definitely look into getting the seats treated as I have one toddler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn325ci View Post
Multi contour seats. 20s look too amazing to pass up - very happy with them. Heated steering wheel is an unexpected joy my wife will never live without again. Heated rear seats also appreciated by our teens.
Cool. I would love to have the Multi seats but I don't know what to replace. My car is garage kept so the heated wheel/seats would really be a luxury item for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadHog View Post
My configuration is even modest then you , but I chose the multicontour seat over premium package.
I know right. I was going to forgo the Premo but I really want the comfort access. The upgraded seats is the one option I am still on the fence about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal2025 View Post
That's a good configuration. I would really consider the multi contour seats and give up Premium Package. You would not take that much advantage of the comfort access key; just press the key fob to open the door. And the soft close is not really needed. Then I would use the savings to add the multi contour seats where you will spend A LOT OF TIME using it. Also, for $950 only, I would consider those 20". They make the car look so expensive. And white leather for long term is not realistic. Get Terra, Black or if you must have a light color, then the Beige.
All very valid points. Everyone is saying the multi seats is the way to go so I am still contemplating this upgrade. I like the look of the 20s but I have not driven the X with such large tires. Does it negatively effect the steering/ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Any of the suspension upgrades...
Had not considered it probably because I don't know what I am missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSooners View Post
I gave up the HK system for the Adaptive M Suspension and find the base sound system to be pretty good, just weak. I have to turn the volume up to about 75% of max. There's enough bass (punch) with the base system. That's not to say that I'm suggesting any suspension upgrades. It was as a sacrifice to stay within my budget.

I'd have to agree with most others on seats though. I'm not a very big guy...5'6" 165 lbs mesomorph... but I didn't find the standard seats supportive enough. Fortunately, ordering the M Sport package gave me the sport seats with added bolstering. In your case, you'd have to order the MC seats, which I heard may be better than the M Sport seats.
I love music so I don't think I can part with HK. I have not compared HK to stock as the X I test drove had HK and it sounded really good. Thanks for your input about the seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksilkx1 View Post
Must be good times when a $65k car is considered "modest".
Modest compared to most of the builds that have been posted in this forum. But yes it is a lot of money and that is why I keep my cars so long. That is the only way I can justify spending this much money on a vehicle

...Not my car but one I test drove to confirm my appreciation for this color combo with x-Line.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0