View Single Post
      01-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #10
XXX5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 F15 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeru View Post
I'm not an SUV kind of guy; they're as foreign to me as the mating habits of the Golden Pheasant. However, my current loaner is an X5 xdrive 35i and I am somewhat intrigued by its tech.

Seating:
You don't "slide" into it; you climb in and out of it (I'm > 6' / 1.82m). With the seat in the lowest position, I still feel I'm sitting high and tall, which I personally don't like.

Braking: definitely feel its weight; does it inspire confidence? For me no, in fact it probably triggers me to be overly cautious.

Handling: feels like a boat and a bit floaty.

Torque: meh

Overall, very difficult for me to "engage" with the vehicle; it lends itself to laid back, zoned out type of driving style, which is kind of boring, no?

I can't imagine what a ubiquitous non-BMW SUV must feel like.
OK so what is your daily driver? I think if you drove my X5 you might feel differently but trashing the whole SUV concept seems stupid. Fit all my guitar gear and amps in your car...oh sorry almost none of it will fit? Really, but its so low and comfortable and not floaty. Stupid post, sorry. I can out accelerate most of whats on the road (sub 5 second 0-60), and the brakes are better than in almost any car or other SUV I've owned. Tell me again how awesome your car is and shitty my SUV is....oh sorry but I'm kinda zoned out here driving my SUV
Appreciate 0