First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 2011 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ano0oj
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie269 View Post
Hi Alan,

Great thread and I wanted to get your latest update on the reliability of the car. I haven't had a chance to go through every page here (yet). I found your original thread asking about X5 reliability rating.

So far, what I got is your went with the 6cyl over the 8cyl for that longevity reason.

I am in the market for a family SUV and I really want to stick with BMW. However, my last car (2011 335i couple) was ALWAYS in the shop. Out of warranty, it was a nightmare and I ended up trading it in for a Lexus.

Now I am in the market for a SUV, I really want to convince myself to go BMW again. But after the 335i and the poor ratings on JD Powers, I am hesitant.
I think any BMW that is out of warranty will give you more headaches than other brands. But the 35i engines seem to be a lot more reliable than teh 50i.
The 35i has come along way and I would say the N55 engine is one of the more reliable power plants BMW makes now. I should absolutely not say this.....but my 2011 35i is as smooth as it was the day I bought it and I will have a hard time giving it up should the day come.
Appreciate 0