View Single Post
      09-15-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

I've used Meguiars SD on black and never had a problem with it. That said, I only ever used it as a spot/quick treatment after laying down a good base layer of sealant first.

I have the Blackfire spray and I don't really think it's noticeably better than the Meguiars. Very few (if any) spray detailers will be good enough to serve as a standalone final step product.

It sounds like your expectations for a spray detailer are way too high. It also sounds like your car needs a good decontamination (clay or similar) and polishing. No sealant (spray or otherwise) will do a great job of dressing up a damaged surface underneath.

Finally, note that continuous buffing is not effective unless you are still trying to remove excess sealant from the paint surface. Since spray detailers are so thin, they should come off with one or two wipes plus maybe one or two light wipes for a final touch.

Once all excess product is removed, the only thing continued buffing will do is risk damage to the paint. At that point, you're not buffing anymore, you're scrubbing/scraping.
Appreciate 0