View Single Post
      09-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #9
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I have used Optimum Instant Detailer for years. Absolutely love it.

Tip: arrived today from amazon I ordered their 17 oz in a spray bottle for $17.94 yet no "spray head" included even though they show it pictured as a spray bottle! Pretty ballsy to dupe us

So I'm having amazon pick it up at no charge and they can take it back.

Tip is: I re-ordered their 32 oz bottle (no spray head) for $20.46.
for $2.52 more you get 15 oz more of the product.

Update: the Black Fire WD detail spray and sealant came today. I did 1/2 the car right down the middle as a test and awaiting the optimum that I re-ordered to do the other 1/2 of the car.
So far I have to say its night and day Black Fire vs McGuires. The Black Fire goes on very easy with a very very small sprayed amount. Lightly wipe off and no buffing and the car came out great. I put it in the same position with the sun shining on it after I finished and there was a great shine where as the McGuires was smearing, smudging and hazing all over. So far I'm liking this Black Fire. Be interesting to see how the optimum compares . . . Buffing the MGuires just moved it around.

Check the pic. I did not buff the car at all other than wiping off the sprayed area.
Once I do the other 1/2 with Optimum I'll buff down the whole car with a microfiber.

One thing I still need to work on is how to get rid of the wax overspray on the plastic trim. I even scrubbed it with autoglym and a large detailing toothbrush and a week later the white crap starts coming through again . . . HELP
Attached Images

Last edited by expidia; 09-19-2017 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0