View Single Post
      10-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #19
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Update: after a few weeks testing both the Optimum and the Blackfire quick spray detailers (1/2 of the X5 split down the middle with each product) . . .

Both of these are outstanding products for shine “and” endurance. Blackfire’s label says it will last 7-10 and it really does as does the Optimum.

The water sheeting after spraying with a hose initially looked better with the Blackfire but over the next few days they both beaded water the same.
I loved getting into a water droplet covered car on the cold mornings and after my 7 min drive to work on the highway my black X5 was shiny and spotless again. With no water marks. Previoulsy, Mcguires quick spray detailer when viewed in the sun left it with hazy, smudgy, blotchy patches. And using a clean micro fiber cloth just seemed to push those areas around to another area of haziness. I’m spraying these products over 2 layers of Menzurna power lock sealant and 2 layers of P21S Carnauba wax.
The Blackfire and Optimum don’t seem to interfere with the finish I’ve built up.

I even washed my X5 during the week and did not have to reapply either product.

I can come out in the AM and see accumulated dust and pollen but a quick swipe with a microfiber cloth removes all. Even on these cold fall evenings in the AM and the X5 is covered with dewand left to dry in the sun there is 90% less water spotting.

I’m attributing the shine and endurance is due to both products are actually a polymer based sealant in a spray form.

The clear winner is the Optimum because you dilute it 3/1 so its as cheap as a $7 32oz bottle of Mcguires spray detailer. Maybe Mcquires ultimate detailer does a better job or maybe it has polymers. I dont know. These two quick detailing products I’ve tested over the past 2weeks blow the mcguires product in the burgundy bottle away. I poured that Shiz out and refilled their bottle with the Optimum

Last edited by expidia; 10-06-2017 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
P111572.00