View Single Post
      08-05-2018, 12:00 AM   #286
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
So it still sounds loud? I've read earlier someone say there may have been an engine self-adjustment, where it reverts back to the OEM sound, even after the delete.

True? Fake news?

Oh it's definitely loud. I get slightly different tones with 91 octane and 100 octane (the one I tired just now). With 91 you get more rumble, with higher octane it's more refined, but still loud.

P.S. I think maybe, just maybe the only thing that changed after 300-400miles after first delete - was volumetric adjustments. I'm a noob, but could it be DME senses (via O2 sensors) a bit easier flow (due to muffler delete) and it changed a bit something (not really sure what, maybe corrected afr or something else).
The only reason I'm saying it - is because right after delete - you get really loud rumble especially on acceleration. Then it changes a tiny bit, like someone turned volume knob one click down - that's what I thought was DME adjusting, but I may be completely wrong. I know that for example when changing stock cats to catless downpipes - DME adjusts for increased volumetric flow. I'm not sure how fast that adjustment is done, so I'm not at all an expert in this.

It can also be I'm just imagining things or we get accustomed to loud exhaust quickly enough to think it's toned down a bit. Yeah, maybe it's just placebo effect.
Appreciate 2