View Single Post
      02-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #99
Ikinos
Registered
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive25d

Question x5 xdrive25d

Greetings to all,

I am new to the forum but have been following it with great interest. Like many others here I am awaiting delivery of my xdrive25d which was ordered December 8 last.

My order is as follows:
Black sapphire exterior
Canberra beige interior
Comfort seats to front and rear
Anthracite head-liner
Poplar wood trim
Reversing camera
Sports automatic transmission
19" V-spoke 450 style wheels

My configuration choice includes Active Security Package and Dynamic Package, with runner boards, matt aluminium roof rails and exterior trim. Not being a big fan of RFT I also included a spare wheel with my order. I removed the RFT that came as standard on my last 5 series having completed less than 10k on them, and what a difference it made to the ride and handling of the car.

I am expecting delivery of my new x5 in early March, and was wondering if any owners here have opinions about the 4 cylinder engine that the 25d has as its power plant. I was initially considering the 30d six cylinder but was somewhat dismayed at the price difference of €10,000 between engines and the additional Co2 tax cost, without adding any additional options.

I hope I have made the right decision and that the engine performs the way the sales guy has assured me it would. Unlike the 30d version, there is scant reviews or information regarding the 25d other than conclusions that it gives nothing away to the 30d but also that it's no rocket ship.

On my test drive, which lasted all of a half hour, traffic was very conjested and slow moving. I would therefore like to ask, if anyone here could please enlighten me as to its capabilities for motorway cruising speeds and overtaking ability, thank you.
Appreciate 2