06-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #102
Apple Corps
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
Previously owned an F15 50i, since the climate here is hot 10 out of the 12 months, I can tell you the A/C is good, but not very good. Sometimes during summer (around 48 degrees C, 120 F), it would completely block - when at max the air is blocked and it feels as if something is standing in the way. At other times it would be a freezer.

I had it checked a few times at the dealer but they say there is nothing wrong with it. I think it has to do with the way the A/C is designed, which is stupid for a premium SUV.

What is the humidity when it "blocks"?

If you have very high humidity and temps, and your AC setting is just right, the water condensed out of the air will start to freeze on the coils - stopping cooling and air flow. We have the high temps but low humidity - AC performs very well. Phoenix has high temps and low humidity as do we - but some failures reported there. Texas at 98/85 is miserable - strong AC performance reported there.

I think Putin has hacked the BMW Connected Drive to wipe out our enjoyment of our cars !!!

Last edited by Apple Corps; 06-21-2017 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0